Sep 7, 2022

Return from Iceland

Last month my partner (now fiancรฉ, woohoo!) and I went to Iceland for a week, and what a week! Between hiking, bathing in a hot spring, snowmobiling on a glacier, seeing a recently erupted volcano, tasting some fermented shark, indulging in (just a bit of) Icelandic beer, and of course Icelandic wool shopping from the Handknitters Association of Iceland, I just had to get enough wool supplies to knit a few pairs of sturdy hiking socks and an Icelandic style sweater (which I'm not allowed to call Lopi sweater as it won't be knitted in Iceland), even though I enjoyed the trip so much I wouldn't have minded too much being stranded over there, you never know when one of the many volcanoes in Iceland might erupt or something ๐Ÿ˜‰.

I didn't get the chance to publish the knitting pattern for my latest beanie yet, but I got to test it on a few hikes in mountains to volcanic fields, on the way to a glacier and even at the biggest waterfalls I'd ever seen, and even though the weather in Reykjavik was mild in August when we were there, it does get cold when you reach a certain altitude and the winds pick up!

The verdict: the moss cable beanie, which is based on my Moss Cable Cowl and Moss Cable Headband, is perfectly up to the job as it stayed perfectly put in windy conditions and kept my head and ears nice and warm ๐Ÿ˜:

Moss cable Beanie at the Waterfall

Moss Cable beanie at the Volcano Field

I will try and publish the knitting pattern for the Moss Cable Beanie soon, if I can get away from knitting my Icelandic sweater, which looks very promising so far, as I didn't need to frog any part of it yet, probably thanks to the fact that I am using the recommended wool for the pattern for once ๐Ÿ˜‚, here's a picture of it so far, which I'll leave you with until the next time:

Knitting my Icelandic Sweater

Follow Sophie's Knit Stuff on TwitterFacebook and Instagram to get all my updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment