Apr 7, 2021

My Finished Curling Mist Socks

I finished the Curling Mist Socks that I was knitting for my partner a few weeks ago. I think they look very pretty, too pretty to use on a working day (his work involves a lot of driving but also physical activity and wearing safety boots that are not really breathable), also too delicate to use on a hike (whenever we are all allowed to go back hiking more than 5 km away from home 😅, so he's only allowed to wear them on nights out (that, too, looks like a long time to wait for 😂).

         curling mist socks from THSS4.

I used the sock blockers I bought on Etsy from a seller based in Turkey since I couldn't find a pair I liked from Ireland unfortunately. It was the first time I used proper sock blockers and they looked huge at first (the blockers, not the socks) but they worked out great.

I wasn't too crazy about the second pattern from  The Handmade Sock Society 4 (I'm still hoping it will grow on me so I'm keeping it), so I was going to wait for the third one: the third sock pattern was released last week and looks beautiful but I think it would suit a plain colour yarn better than the stripy multicolour yarn I want to use for my next socks, so it may be May before I start knitting my own socks, or else I might just buy some new sock yarn (More yarn? 😉).

No comments:

Post a Comment