Aug 12, 2021

I Failed... But Not Giving Up

Today I'm sharing my latest knitting fail with you.

You see I had this grand idea of a new shawl design using a method I hadn't seen anywhere before, so I thought this could be my Million Dollar idea as well as my contribution to the Knitting World, I thought I had at last found the reason why I had been put onto this Earth... 

Well my search will go on for a little bit longer as I now know why nobody out there was using that great new-found knitting technique: it's because IT DOES NOT WORK!!!

This was going to look great

I was trying to make a triangle with increases made from the middle instead of the sides but as the shawl grew, it got increasingly curvy because the middle grew faster than the sides:
Excuse the poor drawing skills!

I was going to fix it later using short rows but then the sides started growing straight and if I kept going, my triangle would have become a very wonky triangle at the bottom with straight sides at the top:
I had to admit my failure and undo about 2 weeks worth of knitting.

I did get a new idea slowly crop into my head when I started to see that design wasn't going to work.

This might not work either but I'll try it anyway... How else am I going to find out?

My Million Dollar idea is still out there somewhere, I just know it 😂. 

No comments:

Post a Comment