Feb 6, 2014

Progress On My Blue Cabled Cardigan

Last month I started knitting the Chocolate Passion Cabled Jacket from a pattern I found on Ravelry and last time I wrote about it I had only knitted the bottom half of the back.

I have now progressed to nearly finishing the second front piece. It's a very unusual shape and due to my own stupidity I have had to rip parts of the first front as I was reading the instructions the wrong way. I won't blame the pattern writer, just my own little twisted mind that would not listen to logic.

I had the back finished (or so I thought!) and was knitting the first front piece when I realized that I had messed up with the back's underarms bind offs: I worked the underarms as if they were shaping decreases so I will have to rip about half of that piece, but I wanted to have both front pieces of the cardigan done before redoing the back, because the first side being still fresh in my mind, I thought it would be silly to work on the back before doing the second side.

To give you an idea of how it will look I took a selfie this morning, with the right side of the cardigan:
Right side of Blue Cabled Cardigan
I know it doesn't look like much right now, especially with the red lifeline still in it (that also acts as a row marker to make it easier to measure), but I'm hoping it will all come nicely together when finished.

It's not progressing very fast, as I am also working on a few things for my daughter's birthday coming up in March, which I hope will give me ideas for new knitty and crochetty stuff to add to my Etsy shop, and I'm also working on a bunch of knitted headbands too, while trying to find the time to finish my double knitting online class.

***Follow me on Twitter and Like Sophie's Knit Stuff on Facebook for more updates***


No comments:

Post a Comment