Jan 26, 2014

Crochet Flowers to Light Up A Stormy Sunday

These Crochet flowers were made by my 11 and 3/4 old daughter. I hadn't realized she had made that many, but when I saw them in her crochet hooks case this morning, I took them out to have a better look and I just had to take this picture:

Crochet flowers made by my 11 and 3/4 year old

I'm a little jealous of her ability to learn crochet so fast: while it takes me hours to search for an idea of what to crochet, another hour to select the one I want, adding an unknown amount of time to learn, rip, try again and again until I'm happy with the result, this kid just asks me how I'm doing a crochet flower, listens to me starting to explain and stops me after 5 seconds telling me she got it, then she picks up a crochet hook and some wool and just goes ahead and has 8 of these crochet flowers done!



While I'm adding an 11 year-old brain to my Christmas wish list, I will leave you with a picture of a crochet flower I made, after a long day of learning, ripping, re-doing.... I hope this will cheer up your Sunday, as today this little Irish country is being battered once again by wind and rain, and the only thing there is to do is knit or crochet sitting by the fire:-)

Crochet flower made by me
***Follow me on Twitter and Like Sophie's Knit Stuff on Facebook for more updates***


No comments:

Post a Comment